From the Director's Heart

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, my Lord

Monday, October 10, 2005

His Love For Me

Thursday was an especially hard day. Not even sure I can accurately explain why. It just was. All little things went wrong and personal issues seemed huge. It had been a long busy day and I was not in my best state by the time Girls Only came around at 5:00. I didn't even want to go. My feet brought me there but my heart stayed behind.

For about an hour I sat in physical closeness and intimacy with those beautiful young girls. Their hearts opened and poured pain out right before my eyes. I stammered. I prayed. I cried. We laughed and held each other. We looked deep into one another's eyes and felt a pull. We are women together. This world is big and mean to our hearts sometimes. So we hold on to each other and listen for Jesus. We wait for Him in our quiet places. I was held fast to the place where we sat; the power of the truth is what held me.

Then one young girl said this to me: "Jamie you always tell us that Jesus makes all things new. I want that." This girl is 16. She is not a virgin but wishes she was. Her mother walked out the door when she was 13 and never looked back. Her father is 'happy' only when he is drinking. She is the oldest in a family of four kids whom she mostly takes care of. Yet she smiles from a deep place and looks hopefully into her future. She believes God has plans for her life and she wants in on it. She is an encouragement to me.

And so that's how it came about that on that Thursday which did not seem like a good day I had the privilege of bringing this lovely young woman to Jesus. She stood before me, eyes shining, face aglow, and became new. As I touched her forehead with sweet smelling oil, and declared her a Daughter of the King, a new creation, one with Christ, her future changed before my eyes. And--once again--mine did too.

Jesus I do not know why You have allowed me this privilege. I only know that You have, and by this I know Your love for me is vast beyond words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home